While we do not know some things about SARMs yet, it might not be very clear to newbies what time of the day is best to use SARMs. This is why we are taking our time to make it clear in this article on the best time to take SARMs.
Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators (SARMs) are now the in thing when it comes to muscle building. They are effectively displacing anabolic steroids as they provide similar results but do not affect tissues outside the muscles and bones.
Anabolic steroids affect other tissue of the body, which may predispose to undesired results.
Factors That Determine When to Take SARMs
There are a number of things to consider before determining the best time to take SARMs.
- The type of SARMs and their half-lives: The half-life of a substance is how much time it would take the body to break down and eliminate half of the substance from the body. This varies from SARM to SARM. It is particularly important in determining the interval between doses as it would not be good to have too much of the substance within your system. This is what happens when you take another dose without your body clearing out what is in it already.
- The dosage: some drugs are taken in divided doses. This ensures you do not go above the recommended dosage per time and over a 24-hour window. Some SARMs can be taken once daily. Others can be divided into two or three doses.
- Mealtime: some drugs are better taken with a meal while others should be taken before a meal. Some specific meals help certain drugs get absorbed better and faster or reduce the absorption of others. Other times, you should not take some drugs with certain foods because they have food-drug interactions that might not be so good.
- Gym time: A common dilemma is whether or not you should take SARMs before or after your workout session. There is no simple answer to this as it depends on user experience and the type of SARM you are on.
Best Time to Take Some SARMs
Since Ostarine has a half-life of 24 hours, there is no point in taking it multiple times in a day. Hence, it should be taken just once daily. There is no specific time it is best taken. You can use Ostarine at any time of the day.
However, ensure you keep a strict 24-hour schedule to keep the substance’s concentration in your body steady. Ostarine also helps you create a habit you can keep to and avoid forgetting or missing pills.
It would be best if you stayed away from using Ostarine during your workout session or immediately after one. It would help better if you took it earlier in the morning before the workout or some hours after you are done with your workout.
The recommended dosage for Ostarine is 10 mg to 20 mg daily for a cycle length of eight to twelve weeks.
2. Ligandrol (LGD-4033)
Ligandrol is a powerful selective androgen receptor modulator that is less commonly called Anabolicum (VK5211). It was developed by Ligand Pharmaceuticals, found somewhere in San Diego, and patented in 2009. Initially created as a new treatment for prostate and breast cancer, it is now widely used for muscle mass growth.
As LGD-4033 is very powerful, lower doses are required when compared to other SARMs. It has a half-life of 24 to 36 hours. Hence, a daily dose of 5 mg to 10 mg is sufficient for desired results.
It is recommended that women should take a lower dose, like 5 mg daily. A regular cycle of Ligandrol should take 42 days or six weeks.
The substance is usually taken orally and can be taken with breakfast or before a workout to get the maximum requirement. It can, however, be taken on an empty stomach. You can slowly increase your dose from 5mg to 10 mg. The recommended cycle does not exceed 12 weeks.
- Bulking: 8 weeks
- Cutting: about 3mg to 5 mg for eight weeks
- Recomposition: 5-8 mg for eight weeks
3. Cardarine (GW-501516)
While this substance is a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPARδ), many still consider it a SARM. So, it is on this list. Studies have shown that Carderine causes an elevation in HDL (good cholesterol) by nearly 80% and reduces bad cholesterol – LDL. It stimulates fatty acid oxidation and burns fat.
The half-life of Cardarine is about 16 hours to up to 24 hours. This allows you to take a daily dosage of 10mg, which you can split into two divided doses to be taken 10 to 12 hours apart. The recommended cycle is 8 to 12 weeks.
If you are using Cardarine for fat loss, you should take a higher dose of 20mg for 8 to 12 weeks. However, it would be better if you start with a lower dose and gradually increase it.
4. Nureabol (MK-677)
This is also known as Ibutamoren. It is a growth hormone secretagogue. This means it stimulates the production and secretion of growth hormone and IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor 1) in the body. This is responsible for the increased appetite, fat loss, increased lean muscle mass, and better sleep it causes.
Since Ibutamoren is known to improve sleep, it is better taken before bed. Using it during the day or early in the morning might make you drowsy, which you would want to avoid if you have to work or drive. MK-677 is also known to worsen insulin insensitivity in people who have diabetes and could exacerbate symptoms in such people.
The common dosage for Ibutamoren is 10 to 25 mg daily ad it has a half-life of 24 hours. The recommended cycle length is about four months.
This is one of the most powerful SARMs around. Many say its effects are very similar to what is obtained with anabolic steroids. It does not cause water retention and is effective in developing your muscle mass.
The dosage is usually 10 to 20 mg. It has a half-life of around 6 hours. This makes it ideal for taking it in two divided doses over 8 to 12 weeks.
SARMs are very potent substances with an uncertain safety index.
This is why you should be mindful of when and how many SARMs you take. Do not be in a hurry to buff up and take more than you should. Or work yourself to the point where you take higher does to continue working.
Make sure you get your supplements from a supplier you can trust. This ensures you get premium and untainted SARMs that guarantee you desired results.